These Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars are so addicting. They have a golden Oreo crust, a creamy vanilla cheesecake center, and topped with a sugar cookie that's been rolled in a cinnamon-sugar coating. If you're looking for a cheesecake bar recipe that's over-the-top, this is the recipe for you. Find more cheesecake bar recipes here.
Snickerdoodles are so delicious, aren't they? I couldn't help but turn them into these Easy Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars. I wanted to keep the recipe pretty quick and easy, so instead of making a homemade snickerdoodle cookie dough, I spruced up a store-bought sugar cookie dough with cinnamon and sugar.
The bottom of the snickerdoodle cookie kind of melts into the cheesecake and the top forms a crunchy cookie crust. The texture is out of this world.
Tips for this Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars Recipe
I have a few tips to share about snickerdoodle cream cheese bars.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can use a storage bag and a rolling pin to crush up the Oreos. Some of the Oreo filling will stick to the bag and become a pain so be ready for that.
- You can ditch the oreo crust and buy a second tube of sugar cookie dough for a bottom layer. Follow the directions on creating the top layer of snickerdoodle cookie and repeat it for the bottom layer making sure that there are no holes in the crust.
- Always make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature. This will help prevent lumpy cheesecake.
- I like to always mix the cream cheese by itself. Scrape down the bowl and then only add the sugar. Again, this will help create a smooth cheesecake center.
- You can add ¼ - ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the cheesecake filling for more cinnamon flavor.
Can you freeze these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars?
Yes. After they're baked, I would cut them up into bars, freeze them on a cookie sheet, and then store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer. They should last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Cheesecake Bars you have to bite into!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake bars | These pecan pie cheesecake bars have a delicious and flaky crescent roll crust, a thick and creamy cheesecake layer and a gooey pecan pie filling on top.
Peanut Butter Coconut Cheesecake Bars | Dense, chewy peanut butter bars with a thick layer of coconut cheesecake filling are the perfect dessert.
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- 26 Golden Oreo Cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16.5 ounce package premade sugar cookie dough
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until they form fine crumbs.
- Add in melted butter and pulse until all of the crumbs are coated with butter.
- Firmly press the cookie crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside
- In a large bowl, add in the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer until creamed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until the egg is worked into the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust layer and spread it to the edges. Set aside.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar into a shallow dish and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Using a spoon, scoop about 2-inch sized balls from the cookie dough package. Roll the dough into a ball, press it flat and then press it into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the coated cookie dough rounds all along the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture all over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the middle is set and the edges are golden brown. Allow the bars to cool for about 30 minutes and then refrigerate the bars for 2-3 hours until they are completely set. I prefer to cover them after they've cooled completely and let them chill overnight in the fridge.
- Cut into bars, store in an airtight container the fridge.