Can you use greek yogurt in this cheesecake recipe instead of sour cream?
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
Gather up the ingredients listed below and you’re ready to get started!
Ingredients to make homemade cheesecake:
- Oreos – Crushed up for the crust and the cheesecake filling
- butter – salted or unsalted and melted for the crust
- cream cheese – full-fat works best and always at room temperature for the oreo cheesecake filling
- granulated sugar – for the perfect sweetness
- sour cream – full-fat sour cream is preferred.
- all-purpose flour – this helps make a firmer and more sturdy cheesecake.
- vanilla extract – for flavor and because every recipe should have some vanilla in it.
- eggs – always used large eggs unless the recipe specifies another size. The eggs will need to be at room temperature for this IP oreo cheesecake recipe.
How to make Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
How do you store cheesecake once cooked?
Great question. If you happen to have any leftovers, your cheesecake needs to be stored in the fridge until it’s ready to be eaten. Due to the ingredients in the mixture, it needs to remain in a cool place so it doesn’t spoil or go bad.
Can you freeze the cheesecake for later?
Yes, you can. And while doing so is simple and easy to do, just know that it might change the texture of the cheesecake once it thaws out to be eaten. The taste and flavor should be the same though, so that’s a good thing! Make certain that you’re storing it in a freezer-safe container so you don’t have to worry about it getting freezer burnt.
What kind of toppings could you put on the top besides Oreos?
If you don’t want to add Oreo toppings to the top of the cheesecake, you could always drizzle some hot fudge on top or chocolate syrup instead. Another great cheesecake topping is chocolate chips, too! There are so many different types of chocolate chips out there that you could even add mint ones to go along with your Oreo cheesecake!
This Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake is so simple and easy to make. Let your Instant Pot take over and do all the hard work for you. You’ll love being able to set back and enjoy bite after bite once its cooked and ready. And if you feel like sharing this delicious cheesecake recipe with others, they’ll probably love you for life as well!
More Instant Pot Cheesecakes
Have you ever eaten Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake before?
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed Oreos packed (for crust)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 crushed Oreos for cheesecake filling
- Lightly grease a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Place crushed Oreos and butter in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the bottom of the springform pan and press firmly to form a crust.
- Place the crust in the freezer to firm while you mix the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Add the sour cream, flour, and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed using a hand mixer until just combined.
- Fold in remaining crushed Oreos.
- Pour batter into the springform pan and set aside to prepare the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in your instant pot and pour one cup of water into the bowl. If your trivet does not have handles, create a sling out of aluminum foil. Place the sling under the cheesecake pan to easily remove it from the Instant Pot when it’s finished cooking.
- Cover the springform pan with tin foil. Place the cheesecake pan on top of the trivet and close the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Do a quick release and open the lid. Carefully remove the pan from the pot and allow the cheesecake to cool on a cooling rack for two hours.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least four hours before serving. To remove the cheesecake from the pan, run a knife around the edge of the pan, then pop the springform ring off the sides.
- Optional: top the cheesecake with roughly chopped Oreos as a garnish.