S'mores have a whole new look with these Mini S'mores Cheesecakes. These muffin tin style chocolate cheesecakes have a golden graham cracker crust and are topped with roasted marshmallows and a chocolate drizzle. Check out the rest of the mini cheesecake recipes too.
Sink your teeth into these addictive s'mores cheesecakes. It's a single serving that will leave you wanting to reach for one more bite.
I have a confession, I fall in love with ANYTHING s'mores. Whether it's summer or fall, it's always the perfect time for a s'mores dessert. Chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallows are simply meant to be together.
How to Make The S'mores Cheesecake Filling
Start by getting your softened cream cheese whipped up until it is nice and creamy. You want to make sure that it is softened or if you don't it will give you a curdled texture to your cheesecake.
Then slowly work in the rest of the ingredients. Make sure to not overmix or it will add air bubbles that can crack as it bakes in the oven.
Once cheesecake is done you then top with the marshmallows and toss back in to broil.
Can I Swap Out The Crust
You can swap the crust if you would like. With this being a s'mores recipe that is why I went with classic honey graham crackers. But, if you wanted you could use Oreo's, Golden Oreos, Nilla wafers, or even cinnamon graham crackers.
Just prepare your crust using the same measurements and make sure to press down and make it tight in each muffin tin so it holds together.
Can I Use Mini Marshmallows to Top S'mores Cheesecake?
Absolutely! Feel free to reach for any marshmallow you have. I diced up large ones but mini marshmallows would work perfectly as well.
You could even add some color and reach for colored marshmallows if you would like.
If you love cheesecake, here are more mini cheesecake recipes
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes | Chocolate chip cheesecake is a creamy chocolate chip studded cheesecake with a thick golden crust.
- Mint Mini Cheesecakes | I love mint when it comes to pairing with cheesecake. A chocolate crust helps add even more incredible flavor to these bite-size cheesecakes.
- No-Bake Mini Lemon Cheesecakes | Skip the oven and make this no bake lemon cheesecake that will tickle your tastebuds with a citrus flavor.
- Mini Nutella Cheesecakes | These mini nutella cheesecakes are loaded with cream cheese and Nutella, then topped with whipped cream and toasted hazelnuts.
Storing Smores Cheesecakes
Store these bite-size desserts in the fridge. Then when you are ready pull them out and serve up an incredible dessert. The marshmallow will harden up a bit since it has been chilled.
But, overall it is such a delightful cheesecake that kids and adults will both enjoy.
Freezing S'mores Mini Cheesecakes
To freeze these mini cheesecakes, hold off on putting the marshmallows and chocolate drizzle on top. You'll want to place them in a single layer in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag with nothing on top of them. They will last in the freezer for up to three months.
To thaw, place in the fridge the night before you plan to eat them.
Mini S'mores Cheesecakes
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon full-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 large marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and spray them with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the graham cracker mixture, about 1 tablespoon, into each cupcake liner and press down with the back of the spoon to firmly press the crust into the liner.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese into a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add the sugar, sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Beat until the egg is just worked into the batter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and beat until well incorporated.
- Scoop the cheesecake batter and place on top of each of baked crust. Give it a gentle tap to smooth out the cheesecakes and remove any bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 35 minutes or until the cheesecakes reach room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
- Cut marshmallows into small pieces with clean scissors. You can also use mini marshmallows.
- Top each mini cheesecake with 3-4 marshmallow pieces or mini marshmallows.
- Place the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl that will sit on top of a small saucepan that has about 1 inch of water simmering in it. Be sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Scoop melted chocolate into a piping bag or sandwich bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag or in the tip of the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate on top of each mini cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and allow chocolate to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.