Mini Apple Crumble Cheesecakes are a perfect fall cheesecake recipe. A pretzel crust, delicious creamy cheesecake filling topped with an apple crumble. I have more great mini cheesecake recipes to check out too.
Mini Apple Crumble Cheesecakes
This apple crumble cheesecake cupcakes recipe is one of my favorites. This recipe here is easy and delicious and will be an incredible fall dessert to serve up for the holidays.
How to make Mini Apple Crumble Cheesecakes
Crust | This crumble cheesecake uses a pretzel crust. It is going to give you that sweet and salty component that elevates the flavor of these mini cheesecakes.
To make the crust, you’ll need to crush up some pretzel. You can do this by placing them in a storage bag or in a food processor.
Once they’re crushed, add them to a bowl with sugar and butter. Mix to combine.
You can either bake the crust for 5 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees or chill it in the freezer until firm.
Cheesecake Filling | You will use a basic cream cheese cheesecake filling. This cheesecake will be poured right on the top of the pretzel crust.
TIP: Don’t mix everything together all at once otherwise you’ll have clumpy cheesecake batter.
Start by adding the cream cheese in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer on medium.
Then add the sugar and mix. Then add in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
Crumble Topping | This crumble topping has chunks of apple, rolled oats, brown sugar and more. A decadent topping that is so delicious and perfect for a fall cheesecake.
You’ll add all of the ingredients to a bowl and blend together until crumbles form. This can done with a pastry blender or a fork.
You will assemble and bake up your cheesecakes. Once your cheesecakes are cooled and chilled, then you will top with the crumble for the ultimate apple topping.
Can I use a Classic Graham Cracker Crust
You are more than welcome to use a classic mini graham cracker crust. Just mix up and press into the mini tins just as you would the pretzel crust.
I just enjoy the pretzel crust instead of the graham cracker for this particular cheesecake.
Topping Ideas For Cheesecake
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
- Top with a little sea salt
- Drizzle with butterscotch
- Pair with a scoop of ice cream
How to store Mini Apple Crumble Cheesecakes
Your cheesecakes need to be stored in the refrigerator. Once the apple crumble cheesecakes are done being cooked, let cool. Then cover and place in the fridge and chill to fully set up.
Make sure your cheesecakes are stored in a proper container or they will take on odors of the fridge.
How long will they last?
Cheesecakes can last for around 5 days in the fridge. They are best when eaten within a few days of being made. The apples will go bad before anything else on the cheesecakes.
Can you Freeze Apple Crumble Cheesecake Cupcakes
If you don’t plan to eat these right away, you can freeze leftovers. I would recommend leaving the crumble off the top when freezing these apple crumble cheesecake cupcakes.
Place the cheesecakes still in their cupcake papers in a freezer friendly container and store for up to three months. Then thaw in the fridge for an overnight thaw.
Or you can let them sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Can I Make These In Advance
Go right ahead and make these a day before you plan to serve them up. It is a great way for your cheesecakes to fully set up! Then just store properly in the fridge and then serve up one incredible dessert the day you are ready.
I recommend not doing them more than a day in advance so you can ensure the cheesecakes have optimal flavor.
Mini Apple Crumble Cheesecakes
- 3/4 cup pretzel crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons full-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the pretzels to a food processor and pulse until the pretzels are fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add the pretzel crumbs, butter, and sugar. Stir to coat the pretzel crumbs with the butter.
- Scoop a little more than 1 tablespoon of crust into each lined cavity and press down with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until combined.
- Add in the sugar is beat until incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla and beat until the egg is completely worked into the cheesecake batter. Scrape down the bowl and beat in any bits that need mixed in.
- Scoop cheesecake batter on top of the baked pretzel crust, filling each section up.
- Place back in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Then place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Wash apple and core it. You can peel the apple if you would like.
- Dice the apple and place it into a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and use a pastry cutter to incorporate all ingredients together.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Scoop apple crumble topping on each mini cheesecake. Serve and enjoy!