This Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake has a mint Oreo crust, velvety mint cheesecake that’s loaded with chocolate chips, and topped with a silky homemade chocolate ganache. It’s the perfect Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake to serve for St. Patrick’s Day or just as a treat for the mint lovers in your life!
Grab your pressure cooker and make the ultimate cheesecake. This recipe is so easy and you don’t have to worry about monitoring a water bath in the oven. The Instant Pot handles it all.
Searching for more Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake | You get the amazing flavor in this cheesecake. Caramel and apples collide in this easy cheesecake recipe.
- Oreo Cheesecake | Here is another tasty Oreo cheesecake idea that you guys might consider making.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake | Love peanut butter? Here is a great recipe that is loaded with peanut butter flavor in every bite.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Learn all you need to know about how to make your own mint chocolate cheesecake at home!
I am a huge fan of cheesecake, especially when you make it yourself. This mint twist to the cheesecake is one of my favorite flavor combos.
How To Make Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Start by working on making your mint Oreo crust. Now if you don’t want the mint aspect in the crust you are more than welcome to use a regular oreo.
Then work on the filling making sure to not overmix as that can create air bubbles that can lead to cracking as it bakes. Follow the directions below on how to cook your cheesecake.
Then chill in the fridge, and when you are ready to work on the chocolate ganache. Pull it over the top, and then toss back in the fridge to allow it to harden up.
Tips for the Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Start with room temperature cream cheese to get that smooth texture you want.
- Ensure to not overmix as it can make air bubbles that get released by leaving cracks in the cheesecake.
- Make sure to press down the crust so it really forms together and creates a nice tight crust, so when you slice it doesn’t break apart.
- Make sure to add water in the bottom of your pot, and then put trivet in to make sure your cheesecake doesn’t stand in water.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Yes, you sure can freeze any leftover cheesecake you have. Just follow all the directions below on making your cheesecake. Then once it has set up and is chilled, you can freeze it whole, or slice and freeze.
Cheesecake can be frozen for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for an hour for a quick-thaw method.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cup crushed Mint Oreo Cookies about 24-28 cookies
- 1/4 cup butter melted
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure mint extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-4 drops of mint green gel food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Stir until the crumbs are completely coated with the butter.
- Firmly press the crust evenly into the prepared springform pan.
- Place the pan into the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Add the sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk to combine. This will prevent the cornstarch from clumping.
- In a large bowl, add in the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add in the sugar and continue to beat until the sugar is incorporated.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the mint extract and mint green gel food coloring.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the chilled crust.
- Double wrap the bottom of the pan in heavy-duty tin foil.
- Cover the top of the pan with a piece of foil.
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Place the springform pan on top of the trivet.
- Lock the lid and set the pressure release valve to the sealed position.
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation.
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once the cheesecake has come to room temperature, place into the fridge overnight to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipped cream to a small pot. Heat on medium until it begins to steam.
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place the chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl.
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until thick and creamy.
- Allow the ganache to cool until it thickens.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Cut and serve!