Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake is a dream come true. Creamy, velvety, and loaded with warm spices and eggnog. It’s topped with a cinnamon whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon. This eggnog cheesecake in the Instant Pot is one you don’t want to skip over.
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
I will walk you through how to make this cheesecake, storing, and even some tips to set you up for success! You will enjoy this recipe, it is so amazing.
How to make Eggnog Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Prep Crust | To make this cheesecake stand apart I reached for gingersnap cookies. It pairs so well with the creamy eggnog flavor. I then added cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour. Stir to combine and then add in melted butter. Stir until the crumbs are coated.
Eggnog Cheesecake Batter | Next you will begin to tackle the cheesecake filling. Cream the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and beat until incorporated.
Beat in the rum extract and the eggs one at a time. The eggs need to be mixed just until combined. Overmixing the eggs will result in a cheesecake that will rise and then fall leaving large cracks in the cheesecake. Finish by adding in the eggnog and mixing until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust.
Bake And Chill | Next you will cover tightly with aluminum foil, add water into the Instant pot and cook accordingly. All of the details are down below. Once done, remove and allow the cheesecake to cool down and then refrigerate overnight to allow the cheesecake to fully set up.
How to decorate an Eggnog Cheesecake
You can be as simple or as creative as you would like here. I made a homemade cinnamon whipped cream that I piped on top of the cheesecake.
You could serve it up naked and add a dusting of cinnamon on the top or even create a cream cheese based cinnamon frosting to pipe and decorate the cheesecake with.
How long will Eggnog Cheesecake last
Cheesecake needs to be stored in the refrigerator or it will spoil rather fast. You can store it in the fridge for 4-7 days. Of course, it is best when eaten fresh the first few days of being made. Always use your best judgement in terms of quality.
Can you freeze Eggnog Cheesecake
Eggnog cheesecake can be stored in the freezer. Just allow the cheesecake to fully cool and set up in the fridge overnight.
Once firm, remove it from its springform pan and place the cheesecake in a freezer container and freeze for 2-3 months.
I recommend storing on the back of a shelf so that when you open and close the freezer door. By having it right in front it will be affected by temperature change and will alter how long it will last.
To thaw the cheesecake, place it in the fridge overnight and allow it to thaw slowly. You can freeze this cheesecake whole or slice and use parchment paper in between each slice to prevent sticking.
To thaw a slice of cheesecake, you can also place it on the counter at room temperature for an hour.
Why do you use room temperature cream cheese?
Cheesecake requires using a room temperature cream cheese. The reason you do this is if you were to mix without having it warmed up, it will curdle. Your cheesecake will then appear to have a cottage cheese curdled texture and make for a lumpy cheesecake.
What If I Don’t Own A Springform Pan?
You will find springform pans and push pans are the most popular pans to use when making a cheesecake. Either one will work, just ensure it is the proper size to fit into your Instant pot!
Shop this post:
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar packed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Add the crushed gingersnaps, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until the dry ingredients are coated with butter.
- Pour the crust into the prepared pan and firmly press into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the mixing bowl. Using the hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth.
- Add in the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Beat until combined. Scrap the sides of the bowl with the rubber spatula.
- Add in the rum extract and then the eggs one at a time. Beat in each egg until incorporated before adding the next.
- Gradually add in the eggnog. Mix only until the batter is smooth. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust.
- Gently tap the pan on the counter to release any larger air bubbles.
- Place a trivet into an 8-qt instant pot and add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Double wrap the pan in heavy-duty tin foil and cover the top in foil.
- Place the trivet/rack in the pressure cooker.
- Carefully place the pan in the center of the trivet/rack.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure release valve to the sealed position.
- Press the manual setting and adjust it to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When the beeper goes off, let the cheesecake to natural release for 30 minutes.
- Open the lid carefully once the pressure has released.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot.
- Let the cheesecake cool to room temp on a wire rack and then place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Before serving, add the whipped cream to the top of the cheesecake.
- Add heavy cream to a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and continue to beat until stiff peaks begin to form. (3-4 mins)
- Spread a layer of the whipped cream on the top of the cheesecake.
- Add the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Pipe dollops around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.