This Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake is not only a show stopper but it also tastes AMAZING. It has layers of homemade carrot cake with a no-bake cheesecake in the center. Let’s not forget the cream cheese frosting that’s between every layer and on the top of the cheesecake cake.
Toppings for Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
There are so many different ways to top a carrot cake cheesecake, but I have a few of my own ideas that I want to share.
- Shredded carrots, if serving immediately
How to make moist carrot cake
This carrot cake recipe is incredibly simple to whip up. A hand mixer isn’t even needed for this cake, just a whisk and spatula.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, carrots, eggs, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk to make sure they’re incorporated.
Then add the wet to the dry ingredients. Adding the wet ingredients to the dry will help prevent the batter from a ton of clumps. Whisk until the flour is worked into the batter.
Stir in the walnuts and dates if you’re using them. If not, skip this step.
Divide the batter into two 8-inch round cake pans and bake until done.
How to make No Bake Cheesecake
For this recipe, you’ll need to have your heavy whipped cream whipped to stiff peaks first.
Next, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
Fold in the whipped cream and pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan that has the bottom lined with a parchment paper circle.
Chill overnight to firm up.
Tips for making Cheesecake Cakes
- The cake layers must be leveled before stacking.
- If either the cake or cheesecake sticks out farther than the others on the sides, be sure to trim it up. This will save you so much grief when you’re assembling the cake.
- When adding frosting between each layer, make sure it’s spread out evenly so the next layer isn’t lopsided.
Can you substitute the dates for raisins?
Yes! Raisins will make a great substitute for the dates.
More Great Cheesecake Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Peeps Marshmallow Cheesecake
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 2/3 cup chopped dates optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans with non-stick baking spray and line the bottom of each pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vegetable oil, sugar, shredded carrots, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until all of the ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the walnuts and dates if using them.
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- Set cake aside to let it cool in the pans for 30 minutes to an hour. Run a knife along the outside of the cake to make sure it isn’t sticking to the pan before removing the cake from the pan.
- In a large bowl, add in the heavy cream. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until stiff peaks form. The whipped cream should stand up and hold the shape of the peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add in the cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Stir whipped cream and vanilla into the cream cheese and sugar mixture until smooth.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray, and insert a parchment circle on the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop cheesecake filling into the pan and evenly spread out with an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight to firm up before assembling the cake.
- Add butter and cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until the powdered sugar is worked into the frosting.
- Using a cake leveler, level both carrot cake layers so the cake layers are flat.
- Place the first cake cut side down on a cake plate.
- Top it a small amount of frosting and spread it out evenly.
- Add the cheesecake layer.
- Add another small amount of frosting and spread it out evenly.
- Add the final carrot cake layer, cut side down.
- Decorate the top of the cake with frosting
- Top the cake with walnuts.